My photo
www.juliamary.showitsite.com www.twitter.com/julia_mary

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Contemplations

I think it's easy on holiday's like Thanksgiving, to either get caught up with the mountains of food, or by making a battle plan on how to attack the next morning of shopping. But in the end that's not the point, it's to be thankful. Sometimes I think its funny that we have a day set aside to be thankful, since we should be thankful everyday. It's almost an excuse to take a day off of work and school or something.

Nonetheless, I'll be exceptionally thankful tomorrow... it will be almost a year since we discovered Dad had cancer, and now he's been cancer free for six months. But there's so much more! Ellen started driving this year and nobody died, speaking of death my car hasn't died yet either. We've had food on our table everyday of the year, I've survived half a year of school classes, and I have amazing friends and family who love and support me at my best and worst moments. But even if I didn't have any of those things I would still be thankful because I have my Savior who is with me all the time, listening to my every need and being patient when I'm not.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 27, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Praise God! Thank you for the reminder! Praise God in everything give thanks! Enjoy your time in Iowa! I remember being there with you when you were younger!

aelders November 30, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

HAHAHA!! I have to say that I laughed out loud when you said you were thankful that no one dies since Ellen started driving.!! Thanks for the laugh! I am thankful for an amazing family too!

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP