My photo
www.juliamary.showitsite.com www.twitter.com/julia_mary

Friday, March 6, 2009

Giving up the Habit

A little over a week ago I gave up pop for lent. In the past I usually either pick something to give up that really isn't that hard to give up, or I quit halfway through the 40 days. But not this year! So far, its been hard not to drink pop, especially when its either sitting in front of my face or being offered to me. I know by next week I'll be used to not drinking it, and it won't be so bad. I just have to remind myself why I'm actually doing it, and thats to remember Jesus and his sacrifice. Remembering that makes it so much easier to give up pop!

Photobucket

Did anyone else give up anything for Lent?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

You wimp! I gave up pop for 1 year!

Rach March 7, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

Not this year. One year I made the biggest mistake of trying to give up cheese....worst idea ever. Cheese is in everything that is delightful & good. Mac & Cheese, Doritoes, Cheetoes, Cheese Its, Parmesan, Cream Cheese, cheesy dips, cheese on sandwiches,....to name a few. I think I made it 3 full weeks though. Pop is a good one. I thought about giving up coffee....but then came to my senses.

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP